There might still be some time for caring for your yard this year, but if you are going out there to clear away some dead branches and leaves on the ground, there is something that you should be on the lookout for. Too many homeowners have close encounters with plants of the Toxicodendron genus, better known as poison ivy, poison sumac, and poison oak. These plants can cause you a lot of pain and discomfort, as anyone who had the experience will tell you. One of the reasons why a brush up with these plants is so bad is that the oil that causes all the problems will stick to clothing and then be brushed off on your skin if you touch it.
This is why you should wear clothing that covers your skin well when you might be at risk of being exposed, and then you should wash the clothes as soon as you get inside.
Burning these plants is also a bad idea since the smoke from them can cause serious respiratory issues.

error: Content is protected !!